Saturday, March 5, 2016

CTK Triathlon 2016 by Max C

C.T.K Triathlon 2016
After a morning which felt like it went forever it was time to stroll down to Jellie Park for the Christ the King School 2016 Triathlon.

After a quick race briefing from Miss Gill to the seniors as the middle school were still at swimming lessons but would be coming later. After this was done, Mr McInnes took the 12 year old girls and boys to the pool for there race.

After 5 minutes of talking with my friends I snuck off without my friends knowing to do a few stretches and warm ups, and prepare for my race I knew it wouldn’t be easy.

When we got up to the pool the 11 year old girls went first so they lined up there P.E tops and shoes, while this was happening I went to see my Dad who was on the grass bank. Before we knew it the girls were in the water and just about to start, my Mum was doing the clappers for the start, 3,2,1 Bang! They were off and racing.
Next were the 11 year old boys, as I got into the water I finally felt nervous thankfully we didn't have to wait long until we were off and racing.

Thankfully I managed to get into the front and not get stuck behind everyone. As we came  into the 50 metre mark I was in 2nd, Gregor in 1st, however I was only just behind him. As we got out of the pool I could hear Mum and Dad yelling, “Go Max, Go!” In the blink of an eye I had my top and shoes on and I was sprinting out of transition trying to catch up to Gregor who was only 5 metres ahead.

As I came into the bike transition I was in 1st,thankfully I had my bike in a good position so I was in and out in no time flat, as I started on my bike I realized all my bike training was for this moment, 10km a day. It was all for this. I had to prove myself after it being only my 2nd time running after my knee injury which kept me out for 6 months. I was zooming around the course not even looking to see how far ahead I was, until the last lap I had blocked out all the comments from people, but in the final biking lap I could hear Mum and Dad cheering me on, Mrs Abbott was also telling me, “Man Max you’re flying on the bike.” This was really encouraging for me.

Now I was up to the biggest challenge of the whole race, the run I wasn’t sure if my knee would be ok or not, there was only one way to find out just go for it. I don’t really remember much from the run but I do remember people cheering me on, before I knew it I was running across the finish line. It was all over I had won the 11 year old boys Triathlon.

After my race I was exhausted, but thankfully all my friends were just lying down cheering people on as they came into the finish. After awhile we decided to play cricket but because we didn’t have a bat or ball we used someone's drink bottle as a bat and an apple as a ball.

The C.T.K Triathlon was a such an extraordinary day, I had a great time, other people might disagree but I would definitely love to make every Friday triathlon everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment