Saturday, March 5, 2016

It Wasn't My Fault by Nikita N

It Wasn’t My Fault

Mr Atherton stood there mocking my catching skills but it wasn’t my fault! You may be wondering what wasn’t my fault, you’re probably not but I’ll tell you anyway.

The sun was hidden behind the dull clouds and my friends and I decided to play cricket, I was batting. Mr “A-Dawg” came along and decided to fling the ball at me, I smashed it and ran as the fielders dashed after the ball. Now it was Katia’s turn to bat, I watched as she hit the ball at the ground next to her feet, I sprinted through the maze of the fielders as they crossed my path.

But I was too late, the wicket keeper had already hit the wickets with the ball. I sighed in exhaustion. I walked away from the wickets and stood ready to catch the ball. I heard a loud thud as the ball shot off of the bat, I ran towards the ball but was shoved out of the way by one of the other girls. They dropped it. >:-[

Mr Atherton ran behind the wickets as one of the girls started to bowl, there was no sound coming from the bat or the ball because they didn’t collide together. Mr Atherton caught the ball and threw it back to the bowler, if only it made it that far. Instead it was coming towards me so  I got ready to catch it. But Holly jumped in the way to catch it too, so I let her... but she missed. The events that followed left an everlasting scar on me, the ball landed on my face and hit my eye. “You can’t catch a ball with your eye!” laughed Mr Atherton. I gave a scowling face at Mr Atherton and flicked my hair in anger, and I exclaimed, “BUT IT WASN’T MY FAULT!”

No comments:

Post a Comment