Sunday, February 21, 2016

Swimming Sports by Emily B


It was Friday 12th of February, the traumatizing day of swimming sport where all the students from Year 5-8 at Christ the King had to compete in two or more races. The competitive, or the great swimmers are given the opportunity to race for a place in zones.

I was sitting with my house which was Goodson, with my brother and cousin a few people away. I was sitting there wedged between some Year 5 because I couldn't find anyone to sit with. While some of them were talking I was contemplating to go sit with my family because they were so much better than sitting and listening to this conversation I can't recall.

After the long wait my age group and race was called, I quickly got up but was swarmed with butterflies and thoughts of bumping into a rail lane or swallowing a mouth full of water, or bumping my head on the wall since I have no sense of direction as I can't see the wall in backstroke.

The whistle blew, I jumped in the pool getting ready to push of the wall to start. 1……..2……..3 and I push off the wall with as much strength as my legs would take. Using as much force I try to finish, making sure I don't hit my head on the wall. Then finally my fingers brush the wall and my hand makes full contact.

I hopped out of the pool with the thought that I had finished. I’m not the best at swimming but I’m not the worst and I know personally, I did my best to my ability. I go back to where I sit and grab my biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment