Saturday, February 27, 2016

Christ the King School Triathlon by Emily B

Christ the King School Triathlon

It was the dreadful morning of the school triathlon which took part on the 19th of February at Jellie Park. It was the start of a gloomy start of the day as I had to get ready and changed in record time as I woke up extremely late. I had dragged myself out of the house and made my way to school.

I had successfully made my way to school with my bike without getting hurt like I normally do. Once I have put my bike away I had gone to class and the morning went by like a blur it was only until we were about to leave to Jellie Park that my hands got all sweaty. We had got there put our bikes away with the fear of falling of my bike and making a fool out of myself. We had been debriefed on what we had to do and now I was just waiting for my race to be called.
“Senior teams swimmers and bikers.”
Finally, I hauled myself up and brushed all the dirt of and walked over to where everyone else was. Once everyone was there we had made our way over to the pool.

We stood there for a while or not that long but to be honest I was bored out of my mind. Finally the swimmers got in the pool and had started their laps, there was no surprise when Charlotte was out of the pool first, then followed by the rest, I was tagged then of I was to my bike. I jade got to my bike and made my way over to the other side to start biking then the recent thought of my first triathlon and me falling of by someone clipping my back tier. I was of with a speed that overtook a few people. 1 Lap…………………………...2 Laps…………………..3 Lap. I was on my last lap ready to go of and tag the runner to start running. I got of made my way to my runner. I put my bike down when I remember all the people who were cheering me on a small smile made a way on my lips. I went to sit down and eat my food blocking out the rest of the world and gazing into space.

I was snapped into reality when I saw my runner come to the finish line claiming the first place for my team. One small pit of pride made its way to me and then the sudden thought came “the one and only ribbon I will get for a school event is first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment