Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sharks in the Forest by Emily B


Sharks in the Forest


Amethyst P.O.V
Dear diary,
This is my first time writing in this diary. It’s the year of 2116. Eighty years have passed since the world became abnormal to what it was one hundred years ago.  It’s recorded that in 2036 that sharks started jumping out of water for long periods of time, over the years people found that when it was foggy, the sharks could swim through the low amount of fog. So when it was people locked themselves inside for the fear of getting attacked in the open. One day the sharks made enough distance through the air and made it into the forests where it’s always foggy, so now they prowl around the depths of the forest keeping people out.

Over the years we were told not to go in the forest. Not to get lost in one. Always be with an adult. As the sharks over the years moved into the forest to stay hidden. But where am I now. Stuck in the middle of the forest lost left to fend for myself. How did I end up here, well me and my brothers were playing near the edge of the forest where we live. They dared me to go into the forest and wander for a bit, and being me I accepted. I got lost after a few minutes as I was not paying attention to where I was.

I stood still for a minute to see if I could hear anything to lead me back but all I heard were the slight rustling sound that I could only presume where sharks. People are still amazed that sharks have seemed to survive, but since they made it the forest they were able to thrive and survive on what the have. The rustling sound continued, coming closer, closer and closer, and that when I realized that I, Amethyst Roberts was about to face the fear of all people, the thing that keeps people from the woods, the things that make the animals hide in trees and keep alert at all times. I see the flash of a tail behind the trees, fear starts eating me from the insides and it starts making me think what it would be like  to be eaten by one. I see the tail again it swinging side to side sometimes hitting the sides of the trees but the doesn't stop it, it still approaching me.

I see the shark head approaching me, I back away thinking that I might have a chance to escape, but I was wrong because as soon as my back hit the back of a tree the shark was less than three meters away from me. I close my eyes waiting for the vicious attack on me. But nothing came, nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes only to see the shark centimeters in front of me. The shark was in front of me not doing a thing, just looking at me with sad eyes like he was sad that I was afraid of him. My fear subsided and I just started at the shark with curious eyes. The shark moves back a bit, giving me space to move away. I move to the side and see the shark start to move away, I follow it, curious to see where it was going. I had to catch up as he was moving at a fast paced. I ran to catch up to the shark, a little out of breath. The shark slows down considerably letting me keep up with the shark. The shark leads me towards a cave. I was scared, I had no way of communicating with this shark, the shark could eat me for all I know, but he just wants to eat me without being found. Instead as he goes through the cave there seems to be an exit at the end.

The shark leads me through the jagged rocks towards the exit. I hear the rushing sounds of a stream and the chirping birds around it.

THE FREAKING END

No comments:

Post a Comment